This Culture has been specially developed so you can make soft cheese using your Yogurt Maker
Video on how to use http://youtu.be/GgtXLjqifcg
How to Make you Soft Cheese Making Soft Cheese at home is now quick and easy; all you require is one of our Yogurt/Cheese makers, milk and sachet of culture, and a Cheese Cloth.
• Pour 1/2 Litre of UHT milk to the inner container, and mix in one sachet of culture.
• Fill container to 1 litre mark, and mix again • Let the mix stand at room temperature for 1 hour, mix again.
• Place in the incubator switch and leave for 8-12 hours, or when the milk has a firm set.
• Allow to stand for 1 hour at room temp to allow the Curd to cool.
• Fold the cloth twice so you have 4 layers of cloth and line a sieve/colander, pour in the curds and whey take the corners of the cloth to form a ball and tie the top to secure the cloth, allow the whey to drain off.
• Allow the curd to drain for 5-6 hours, till no more whey is running from the cheese.
• Tighten the cloth around the cheese; allow any remaining whey to drain. • The cheese can then be placed in an air tight container, and allowed to cool in a fridge.
• The cheese is now ready to eat. • If you wish herbs or fruit can be added.