Helping with summer
With summer time fast approaching Cheese-Yogurt-Making offers more then just delicious breakfast treats. so with this in mind we thought we share a few ideas with you using our wide range of cultures and a yogurt maker.
- Yogurt & Sour cream cultures for fantastic dips & marinades
- Soft cheese cultures great in dips and desserts
so bellow we have included a few recipes to get you started.
Basic truffle mayonnaise
You will need:
- Light olive oil – 150ml
- sunflower oil – 150ml
- Truffle oil – 50ml
- lemon juice (fresh) – 2 tablespoons
- egg yolks (large) – 3
- Dijon mustard – 2 teaspoons
- Place the egg yolks, mustard and a pinch of salt and pepper in a blender and combine.
- Combine the oils in a jug then with the blender running slowly add the oil till you have a thick emulsion.
- Mix in the lemon juice to loosen to desired level.
This will keep for up to 2 days in the fridge.
If looking to really up the truffle flavour I like to add a small amount of chopped truffle before serving.
This recipe is thanks to delicious.com.au
Halal cart – style white sauce
You will need :
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Greek – style yogurt
- 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- mix all ingredients in a bowl till smooth
Sauce will last for up to 5 days in a air tight container in the fridge.
You can swap the Greek yogurt for sour cream for a tangier sauce.
this recipe is thanks to epicurious.com
Lime jalapeno sour cream dip
You will need:
- 360ml sour cream
- 12 Jalapeno slices (jarred)
- 1 tablespoon of juice from the Jalapeno jar
- 1 lime (juice and zest)
- 1/4 garlic powder
- Add all the ingredients to a blender and blend till smooth.
for a thicker dip leave out Jalapeno & lime juice
will last for around 2 days in the fridge in an airtight container
this recipe is thanks to Yummly.co.uk
We would love to hear your recipe ideas for the summer so please let us know in the comments below.
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.